Friday 31 October 2008

Seeking The Truth

A French monarch proposed the prosecution of the Christians in his dominion and an old statesman and warrior said to him,

“Sire, the Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.”

"So the hammers of infidels have been pecking away at this book for ages, but the hammers are worn out and the anvil still endures. If this book had not been the book of God, men would have destroyed it long ago. Emperors and popes, Kings and priests, princes and rulers have all tried their hand at it; they die and the book still lives.”


Those who truly search for the truth, they'll find it, and they'll know that God exists.

Nelson Glueck, an Archeologists said,

“In all of my archaeological investigation I have never found one artifact of antiquity that contradicts any statement of the Word of God."


We're all sinners and are condemned to death. But God sent His one and only son to teach mankind more about the Himself and His law. Jesus took the punishment and died for our sins to give us eternal life. That is true love. We can earn that as long as we learn the gospel, repent our existence to Him and surrender our works to Him.

Jesus said,

“My enemies are like the wildest of beasts who can never get their fill or remain at rest. Their heart is so empty of my love that the thought of my passion never enters it. Not once from their heart of hearts has a word like this escaped: “Lord, you have redeemed us, may you be praised for your bitter passion!” How can my Spirit dwell in people who have no divine love for me, people who are willing to betray others for the sake of getting their will? Their heart is full of vile worms, I mean, full of worldly passions. The devil has left his dung in their mouths; that is why they have no liking for my words. And so with my saw I will sever them from my friends. There is no worse way to die than to die under the saw. Likewise, there is no punishment in which they will not share: they will be sawn in two by the devil and separated from me. I find them so odious that all their adherents will also be severed from me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Significance of Blood and Water in Scripture

Blood  Humanity’s sin results in separation from God, who is perfectly righteous, holy, and set apart from everything evil. 1 In love and g...