Sunday 19 April 2009

Why Didn't God Make Us Perfect?

If we were made perfect we would be like God.
Thus cancelling out Jesus as the perfect man.

God is perfect. And through Jesus and the Ten Commandments we see God's requirement to be perfect in His eyes (Matt 5:48). Though we will never be able to be perfect, we were wretched since we were born because of Adam's sin. It is by the salvation through Jesus that we acknowledge him as our saviour that we are seen perfect by God.

God is my strength and power,
And He makes my way perfect.
2 Samuel 22:33 (NKJV)

It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
Psalm 18:32 (NKJV)

Your laws are perfect
and completely trustworthy.
Psalm 119:138 (NLT)

For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy.

And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. For he says,
“This is the new covenant I will make
with my people on that day, says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”

Then he says,
“I will never again remember
their sins and lawless deeds.”

And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices.
Hebrews 10:14-18 (NLT)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Longer Enemies

The Doctrine of Reconciliation  Jesus offered reconciliation and restoration to Peter, who had denied Him three times. Reconciliation descri...