Tuesday 21 April 2009

A Servant's Heart

Today I was helping my mother bring garbage to the dump, afterward she asked if I could move some firewood to the sauna from the shed. She said I can do it now or later. I was a little hesitant because I was planning on going into town do do my own errands. She asked, “Why not do it now? We have the trailer and the van, and you can use it now.” So I said, okay. As I finished my work, I had to ask myself, I know I don't like labour work, but if I were a servant of God, couldn't I serve others better, wouldn't that make me be a better worker? Is it just because I don't like labour work? How can I better serve others? I want to be a good servant, so why is it so hard?

The Heart of a Servant
Couldn't we serve God better by the way we serve others? How can we work better for our sovereign King? Ask the Lord how you can be a better servant. Ask Him to show you how to better serve others for His Kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. I work for culinary caper company, i suppose to do those office works but sometimes i will have to help other staff to polish the wine glasses when we don't have enough staff to do the logistics, i also do the service at an event to help others,at the beginning those logistic works here n there give me a headache n i don't have a regular work time when there is an event, thats made me want to quit my job, but then God has taught me through my prayer... "Mak 10:43-45" "But it is not so among you: but whoever has a desire to become great among you, let him be your servant And whoever has a desire to be first among you, let him be servant of all. For truly the Son of man did not come to have servants, but to be a servant, and to give his life for the salvation of men." PTL,i now rly enjoy doing my work with joy n peace.

    ReplyDelete

Jesus Died in Our Place

The Doctrine of Substitution  The truth about the salvation Jesus offers involves several richly immense concepts—all of which are awe-insp...