Monday 1 June 2009

Being Tested

It seems that after my baptism I've been tested more with my heart. Especially with my job and the way I display my life to others that I work with. And now there is more testing of my obedience to God. Especially my sexual drive. It's of course not so easy for a young single man. I've cut down the branch of lust from my mind. But the flesh keeps knocking on the door telling me, "you want sex." But I take those thoughts captive. I'm striving to be a Man (of Christ), not just some male mammal hungry to have sex. I find that Satan is trying to trick myself and others that it is just my nature as a man to have these urges.

We must learn to take fleshly thoughts captive, live in God's Grace, and share His Mercy and Love with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meaning of Life

The meaning of life is to know God, obey Him, and to make Him known.