Monday 26 January 2009

Producing Good Fruit

When I was an early Christian I banned the Church from interfering in my spiritual walk. Now I want to go to Church because it builds me up with the Lord and I learn something new every time I go. I've learned this from my own spiritual walk. Christians may say that they know the Bible and believe in it, but don't believe in the Word.

Parable of the Blind Leading the Blind
Luke 6:39-42
And He spoke a parable to them: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch? A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?

We should be careful how we witness to the lost. We should first examine ourselves. "Am I producing good fruit? Am I a hypocrite?"

True & False Teaching
Matthew 7:18-20
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor
can a bad tree bear good fruit.
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Therefore by their fruits you will know them. (Luke 6:43-45)

True Way into the Kingdom
Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

People preach but it doesn't mean anything to God if you don't "practice what you preach."

Parable of Two Fountains
Luke 6:46
“But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?

If you're not producing "good fruit" your soil will never produce a praiseworthy crop if you don't work on it. Why would we not do what He asks of us? He is our Saviour—the one who gave us everlasting life!

Build Your Faith on a Rock
Matthew 7: 24-27
“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. (Luke 6:47-49)
“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Therefore brothers and sisters let us hear the Lord and practice what we claim to preach! (Cor 4:1-3,13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Longer Enemies

The Doctrine of Reconciliation  Jesus offered reconciliation and restoration to Peter, who had denied Him three times. Reconciliation descri...