Saturday 24 January 2009

Walking Blindly

Parable of Leading the Blind
Luke 6:39
And He spoke a parable to them: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch?

Sometimes when I'm in the bathroom taking out my contacts just before I go to bed I would start walking to my room and then realize that I don't have my glasses on. I usually put on my glasses so I can at least read a book in bed if I feel like it. I stop and remember, “Oh, I'm blind!” I mean I can't see any further than six inches. So I walk back to the bathroom to put on my glasses. This sometimes happens in our Christian walk. We sometimes get so used to the daily things we do, or the regular practices like communion or group prayer and forget to check out the path we are heading into. We find ourselves walking blindly on our path forgetting to put on our Lord the Saviour! We sometimes make the choice of spiritual independence. We put our trust in the Lord but somehow we get distracted by some of the things happening in our life and we choose to do our spiritual walk alone.

* Read Luke 15 for the information below.

Steps to Spiritual Independence
by Dr. Charles F. Stanley:

1. Desire

(to do your own thing)

2. Deception

(overlooking your met needs)

3. Decision

(departure)

4. Delight

(pleasures of sin)

5. Disappointment

(unsatisfied)

6. Despair

(afraid)

7. Disaster

(turning over to something evil)

8. Decision

(come back to your senses and act on it)

Out of the hog pen!


Walk back to that intimate relationship with the Lord where you'll be able to enjoy everything that the world promised but could not produce in your life. We must learn to listen to Him before we know how to trust him.

**Dr. Charles F. Stanley, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta and founder of In Touch Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Longer Enemies

The Doctrine of Reconciliation  Jesus offered reconciliation and restoration to Peter, who had denied Him three times. Reconciliation descri...