Friday 6 February 2009

My Conviction

The world didn't have the answers I was looking for. I needed assurance and direction in life. I wanted to know God. If He was really there I wanted Him to reveal Himself to me. I didn't turn to the Bible so I could live a happier life. I was happy but I still felt that there was something missing. I had transgressions that condemned me. There was no reason to live. There was no meaning. What's yours? Making you family happy? The only reason for me was to be happy and make others happy. But that didn't make sense. I started to think beyond that. Beyond life itself.

I was wasting my life in immoral living. Not immoral living standardized by society today, but by God's standards. His standards are so high Jesus said, even if you hate someone, you are a murderer at heart, and when you lust for a woman, you commit adultery with her in your heart.

I go to Church because I want to hear the Gospel spoken. I read the Bible because I yearn to learn more about our Creator and how to live better for His glory. I listen to Christian music because it glorifies Him. I seek to know more about God because He saved me through His Son our Lord Jesus.

I believe Jesus died on the Calvary cross for my sins and resurrected on the third day. He was conceived from a virgin born as a man, suffered as a man, died as a man, and resurrected as a man. He stepped onto Earth from Heaven, and back. The spiritual world to the physical with one step. He came to Earth to show us The Way. He made it clear he was the great I AM, suffered for us, and died for us to fulfill the purpose of the Law.

For our Creator to do that because He loved us so much is beyond words. How can I not praise Jesus! He sent His only son to suffer on Earth like a man, taking prosecution, hours of iniquity for our sins, the penalty we all deserved, and Jesus knew it was his purpose. Any man with a true heart would sacrifice himself for a brother. This is true love!

He was sent to rule over all nations in hope to redeem us to live for God and save us from our wicked ways. And he succeeded righteously! Just look all around the world. His Word has been spread over two thousand years. His kingdom is growing! And I want to help it grow! That is what a follower of Christ is supposed to do.

Honour our LORD!

Live every day for Jesus.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Significance of Blood and Water in Scripture

Blood  Humanity’s sin results in separation from God, who is perfectly righteous, holy, and set apart from everything evil. 1 In love and g...