Tuesday 3 February 2009

Fear of Death: Thought About Eternity Yet?

Fear of Death:

by Michael K. Lilley

Thought About Eternity Yet?


Fear of Death

Why does someone have to die for humanity to open it's heart to Jesus Christ?

If it's true that Jesus has abolished death and brought life and immortality through the gospel then you owe it to your good sense, your common sense and to your loved ones to see if there is an answer to your greatest dilemma—the power of death.


John 3:16-17


For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.


Self Righteousness

Everything you own, and everyone you love will be torn from you.

I knew I was gonna die and it didn't make sense. I found something so strong come up within my spirit. I wasn't interested in pleasures that would feed the cravings of my flesh(body). I found there was something within my heart that was stronger than the lustful pleasures or drunken escapades. Something came up inside me and I said, “I don't want to die!” That's the God given will to live. God placed eternity on my heart. And I pray that it will in you.


John 3:11-12


Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?


Morality

It is equally “natural” for little children to lie, steal, slander, bash each other and break any commandment they have the strength to break. If morality were decided on the basis of what children do the moment they gain the ability to do it, life would be horrific. Morality is about choosing what is right above our natural inclinations.

Even adults can commence the practice without the slightest thought that moral issues might be involved. When the time comes to put aside childish things, it can be even harder to give up than our security blanket and thumb sucking.


Fear of Life

I had no control in my life. That was the biggest fear of mine—not being in control of my life. When I was 19, I finally gave up and asked God to give me a second chance. When I was 20, I asked God to show me how to live.


1 Corinthians 15:34


Think carefully about what is right, and stop sinning. For your shame I say that some of you don't know God at all!


Conviction & Tribulation

Did you know that every word you say could be taken accountable for your salvation?

Jesus said, If you look at a woman with lust for her you commit adultery with her in your heart.

I found out that I had broken almost every one of the ten Commandments of God's Law. I knew I was going to Hell. There was no way out! When I was 22, I found the answer to life and it was in His Son Jesus Christ. It was God in the flesh! I understood what Jesus did on Calvary cross and I thank God that He hasn't killed me. I put my full trust in Him and control for my life.


1 Corinthians 15:55-57


O death, where is our victory? O death, where is your sting?
For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.


God the Son, the Holy Spirit, and the Father

When we don't know the Lord and die, we not only die on earth, but spiritually. If you acknowledge your sins to God and accept the sacrifice of His Son to you on Calvary Cross, repent (turn away from sin), and trust in Him, He will create you a new mind with new desires. You will be a whole new creation.


Romans 12:2


And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Longer Enemies

The Doctrine of Reconciliation  Jesus offered reconciliation and restoration to Peter, who had denied Him three times. Reconciliation descri...