Wednesday 28 September 2011

Turn to the Person Next to You....

Four months ago I commented on a video on YouTube and this is what I wrote: (mind you I think I was listening to Wretched Radio)
1:38 lol WHY DO THEY DO THAT? or the good ol' "Turn to the person next to you and say "God Bless You" or the classic "Stand up and greet the ones around you" etc. BAH! I already know them, or I don't want to say hi. We are there as a body to worship together, isn't that enough? I already said hi when I came in and I don't intend to make friends with every single Christian. They shouldn't get any more special treatment than an unbeliever hehe. I'm just joshing. I love my brethren. But come on!

Later I replied to another comment (below) that was encouraging love between brothers but missed my point: 
1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently
Also see John 13:34; Acts 2:42; 1st Peter 3:8 to 9; 1st John 3:14 & 1st John 3:16
I get what you're saying, nevertheless, love one another as Christ has and always will love us.



I'll make my last point for everyone. There is that connection between believers that we just have that love that we don't with people outside the church, but it doesn't mean I have to greet them just because I don't know them. I don't like being forced to greet a person. Granted it's friendly and we should be encouraged to make friends with whom we can fellowship, but for a newcomer to the church it's uncomfortable. Plus, I don't expect to make friends by a forced greet.


I have to add that it's better to be self-motivated to greet a newcomer. It can be very uncomfortable for a newcomer. A friend of my wife was praying and crying to God and the pastor told people to go touch her. Bad idea! She stopped going to church because people were over-connected. Some people have a hard time to make friends in their daily life and have troubles with communication. People with that kind of character are overwhelmed and could be put off or just simply afraid to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resounding and Indisputable Victory over Death

The Doctrine of Resurrection The indisputable fact of Jesus’s resurrection displays glorious proof of God’s sovereignty over all creation. ...