Thursday 26 March 2009

Godly Sorrow

2 Corinthians 7:8-13
8 Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it, I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while 9 yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. 10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. 11 See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter. 12 So even though I wrote to you, it was not on account of the one who did the wrong or of the injured party, but rather that before God you could see for yourselves how devoted to us you are. 13 By all this we are encouraged.


True Repentance
Remove the obstacles out of the way of your path so that God can prepare the road to salvation (Isaiah 57:14-15). Sin, pride and hardness of heart always go together (Hebrews 3:13). Genuine repentance brings with it lowliness and contriteness.

My sorrow was in that I was offending God and was not getting close to Him at all. When I confessed in this area, I fell to my knees with a broken heart, wanting to be delivered and desiring a closer relationship with God.

Ecclesiastes 5:1-2,7
Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen, rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven, and you are on earth, so let your words be few. Much dreaming, and many words are meaningless. Therefore stand in awe of God!

1 comment:

  1. sory i deleted my comments accidentely jst nw.

    That is a nice shareing scripture I rly like 2 Corinthians 7:8-13 n often use it to encourge myself n other ppl.

    p.s i rly adore those resources you used on some of ur older posts,its rly helpful encourging

    ReplyDelete

Resounding and Indisputable Victory over Death

The Doctrine of Resurrection The indisputable fact of Jesus’s resurrection displays glorious proof of God’s sovereignty over all creation. ...