Wednesday 2 September 2009

I Stand Alone, No More

As I progress to understand my Lord I still find myself slipping underneath my own rocks. On each step I make forward, there are cracks waiting for my feet to slip into. I am in such agony when I crawl back to the Cross. I sometimes just brush-up and heed the way knowing He will forgive me anyways. I fail to acknowledge Him in my transgressions but yet there am I praising His name. At times I get tired of trying and hope that my heart will change, go back, and start again. I know there is an escape through Jesus in His Word. I abide my time knowing Him more, but I don't train my body to resist the temptation. I am knowledgeable but wasteful with the wisdom God has given to me. Lust fills my mind and I let it subdue me. I try to resist her call, but fall to her arms as a substitute for the joy that God promised to me when I became His son. My heart is wicked and unrestrained. Lust dominates my heart. I live a vile and degrading lifestyle living in fleshly passions. I wish for a release. The pressures and burdens I carry are too much. I cannot carry them any further, and I cannot carry them with me as I look toward the heavens. Only Jesus can release the pain and suffering, the agony, the heavy burden. Preaching by faith is not enough, living by faith and trust will be my endeavour. Jesus has taken my burden and has released me.


“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Matthew 23:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Significance of Blood and Water in Scripture

Blood  Humanity’s sin results in separation from God, who is perfectly righteous, holy, and set apart from everything evil. 1 In love and g...